Exercise 2: Diagonals

Diagonals



The stairs has the diagonal feel of it, I artificially implied more diagonals by tilting the camera to the left




Diagonal lines like these are often seen on machines, speakers, fences.
 Why diagonal and not horizontal and vertical? I can imagine on a fence it gives a higher sense of privacy but why would it be useful in the picture above? 




Even though diagonals can be seen throughout the whole picture the way it's been composed is very confusing to the eye. Yet, there is still something I like about it but I would agree it's not in favour of the diagonals.




This picture of the metro station in Budapest is tricky for me to analyse. On one hand there are many diagonals (at least implied), on the other hand there are many implied triangles. We'll all agree a triangle is composed of diagonals but the opposite isn't true. In this case I think both diagonals and implied triangles can be seen.




Using a telephoto lens at an angle on this building produced repetitive patterns of windows and balconies making diagonal lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment